Tuesday, 25 March 2014
Well, here we are again. This time I decided to try something different. I went through all of Kristina's blog, from start to finish, and made a note of the cards that I wouldn't mind having a go at at some stage. I wrote the dates of the posts onto a slip of paper and popped them all into a tub. This is the card idea that I pulled out of the tub to be the inspiration for this card. I am hoping that Ali will play along with me on this one. When she posts her version, I'll add a link to her card somewhere in this post. If you want to play along too, add a link to your creation in the comments below. I'd love to see what you come up with.
So, the first change I made to my version of this card was to create an embossed panel rather than embossing the card blank. I wasn't sure if the cardstock I was using would hold up to the embossing. I think I was right to be cautious, as the embossing folder I used (Sizzix Diamonds) did push through the card in a couple of spots which I think would have been more obvious on a card blank.
The next step was to create the coloured panel. This consisted of a rectangle of the same white hessian cardstock, with the corners rounded using the WRMK Corner Chomper. I wanted to create a Spring coloured card, so the panel was then coloured using Tim Holtz Shaded Lilac distress ink (I'm ashamed to say I think this is the first time I've used this colour!) I decided I wanted to add a bit more detail to this panel, so I pulled out my Stampin' Up! Mat Stack and pierced a border around the panel.
Then I created the die cut flowers using the Memory Box Prim Poppy die. The flowerbud was snipped off the second diecut and the diecuts arranged on the panel. To create dimension, the flowerheads were adhered using 3d foam and the stems using Zig glue.
To create the greeting panel, the multi-folded banner from Clearly Besotted Basic Banners was die cut and then stamped on top using the matching stamp from the co-ordinating stamp set using Versamark ink. The banner was then heat embossed using Stampendous Detail White embossing powder. The sentiment, from the same stamp set, was then stamped and embossed within the banner shape. Once the embossing powder had cooled, the Shaded Lilac ink was applied to the diecut to help the detail stand out.
Here is a picture of the finished card in all of its glory.