Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Kristina Werner Inspired #3

Well, here we are again. This time I decided to try something different. I went through all of Kristina's blog, from start to finish, and made a note of the cards that I wouldn't mind having a go at at some stage. I wrote the dates of the posts onto a slip of paper and popped them all into a tub. This is the card idea that I pulled out of the tub to be the inspiration for this card. I am hoping that Ali will play along with me on this one. When she posts her version, I'll add a link to her card somewhere in this post. If you want to play along too, add a link to your creation in the comments below. I'd love to see what you come up with.


So, the first change I made to my version of this card was to create an embossed panel rather than embossing the card blank. I wasn't sure if the cardstock I was using would hold up to the embossing. I think I was right to be cautious, as the embossing folder I used (Sizzix Diamonds) did push through the card in a couple of spots which I think would have been more obvious on a card blank.


The next step was to create the coloured panel. This consisted of a rectangle of the same white hessian cardstock, with the corners rounded using the WRMK Corner Chomper. I wanted to create a Spring coloured card, so the panel was then coloured using Tim Holtz Shaded Lilac distress ink (I'm ashamed to say I think this is the first time I've used this colour!) I decided I wanted to add a bit more detail to this panel, so I pulled out my Stampin' Up! Mat Stack and pierced a border around the panel.


Then I created the die cut flowers using the Memory Box Prim Poppy die. The flowerbud was snipped off the second diecut and the diecuts arranged on the panel. To create dimension, the flowerheads were adhered using 3d foam and the stems using Zig glue.


To create the greeting panel, the multi-folded banner from Clearly Besotted Basic Banners was die cut and then stamped on top using the matching stamp from the co-ordinating stamp set using Versamark ink. The banner was then heat embossed using Stampendous Detail White embossing powder. The sentiment, from the same stamp set, was then stamped and embossed within the banner shape. Once the embossing powder had cooled, the Shaded Lilac ink was applied to the diecut to help the detail stand out.
Here is a picture of the finished card in all of its glory.



21 comments:

Ali said...

Absolutely beautiful, as always. Planning on uploading mine this weekend. Both sets, hopefully x

Amanda said...

Simply stunning Kathleen, love the inspired idea. Hugs, Amanda x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Such a stunning card Kathleen love the blue. Alison xxx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card...Just hopping by...Joolsx

Jackie T said...

Such a beautiful card. Just hopped over from Do-crafts. Jackie

Lorna said...

Beautiful card Kathleen , love the colour
Just hopped over from DC
Lorna xx

Alizabethy said...

Stunning card - so pretty!

ALI said...

Great card, lovely blue.

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Kathleen just love your card ... well done you are certainly doing Kristina Werner proud ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx ps enjoy the grand prix ... we were watching the rain this morning ... we lived in Singapore for two years and remember those monsoons well lol xx

Lizzies said...

Beautiful card, just hopping by.

Unknown said...

Hi Kathleen, this is a fabulous card, I love the poppy diecuts and the ink and embossing. Maddy x

Anonymous said...

Like this card, especially the embossing

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the poppy dies and embossing-enjoy the grand prix -just hopping
Carol xx

MissyG said...

Lovely card - like the diecut poppies
Linda x

Dips said...

Lovely card, especially the pretty blues you've used.

Heike said...

Such a pretty card.
Heike xx

Angela said...

Very elegant looking, you have made a really good job with your version of the card. I love the stitching detail x

sparklingblackrose said...

Ooh I love this Kathleen, gorgeous! Hopping by a little late, have a lovely week! Elaine-xxx-

Arlene said...

I'm very green and novicy about the making of cards especially stamping etc, but I love this card, clean and simple.

Arlene said...

I'm very green and novicy about the making of cards especially stamping etc, but I love this card, clean and simple.

Arlene said...

sorry I got distracted so posted twice.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin